Thursday, March 20, 2008

I and the Light

When the Darkness covered my skies,
more than a decade ago
The light felt so distant as if
it never existed anymore
I was in shambles
knowing nowhere to go
The guiding light departed
leaving me marooned at the shore
Struggling, suffering, bleeding,
waiting for an imminent death.
To suffer seemed my only destiny,
to bleed my only Karma
Hatred and Anger became my friends
never to leave my side one moment
They hurt me more when I tried to reason
that I hurt no one on purpose
They said when Love departs,they arrive,
never to leave.
It did seem like an unending ordeal,
with no beginning and no end.
Little did I realise that I had bargained for it
to taste the life on earth
Begging God to give me a chance,
to return to the shore I had left
Empty, unfinished, unpolished
the work I began as a child.
Now I am once again free.
Love never returned,
it didn't have to
It was always there,
only I had turned blind to it.
The Light never departed,
the blind me couldn't see it.
The God didn't die,
how could He?
For He gives life to everyone,
even the one who sins.
So my friend, never waste a moment
to see the Light that shines within you.
Shining so bright,
it doesn't need you.
You need it to shine,
so it's You.
The Light is You,
THE LIGHT IS YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment