Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I and my pain

Tears don't stop flowing
the heart doesn't stop hurting.
The pain is endless
with no end in sight.
Where did it spring forth from?
Who fathered this wretched thing?
It came uninvited,
tearing my life apart.
It turned my heart into stone,
sucking dry my ocean of love.
Hatred and anger sprang from it,
covering my life into darkness.
I became my worst enemy,
hating every fiber of my being.
The pain made me numb,
unable to feel, act or move.
My life force dwindled,
ephemeral, evanascent, transient.
I lost touch with reality,
pain bacame my only reality.
I wrote odes to pain,
immersing myself in it every waking moment.
God was an unknown entity,
relegated to an unknown lair.
My voice never reached Him
for He had gone deaf.
Deaf was the God,
and so were his Angels.
Never caring once,
for this God forsaken child.
Wasn't I a child of God,
just like every other being.
Why did I go through hell,
for no fault of mine.
In return for my love,
only hurt and deceit did I get.
When I surrendered,
people trampled on me.
When I gave love,
they fled away taking away my trust.
How could God make such a horrible world,
horrible, painful and ugly.
Ugly is the world and ugly are it's beings,
Or so I thought.
I chanced upon a stranger,
who talked about God.
He knew my pain,
more than I knew it.
He felt so right,
but caused me fright.
Pain is an illusion,
Said the stranger.
The harder you fight it,
the stronger it gets.
Confront it in it's face,
and it melts away into thin air.
Like it never existed,
except in your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment