Sunday, September 14, 2008

Silent Whispers

The silent whispers of eternity,
call me from afar.
Choking the life out of me,
making me breathless.
The haunting mirage
never leaves me alone
The mist of hope recedes into distance
letting the darkness engulf my being
The Angels don't hear my calling
blissfully enjoying their Heavens
Will you stand by me in my darkest hour,
I asked her.
She remained silent,
gripped by fear
Unable to move,
immobilized by interia
Her lips moved but words were frozen,
just like her soul.
I closed my eyes
unable to bear the silence.
When I opened my eyes,
she was gone.
Never to return in my waking life
yet haunting me in my dreams each night.
The haunting continued,
sapping my soul
Devouring it from the core
leaving it lifeless
I wandered like a waif
from one shore of hell to another
The shores of hell seemed endless
just like my suffering
Each oasis I saw
turned out to be a mirage
Then one day I gave up
the struggle to live
Offerring myself to be devoured
by hunger, pain and agony
No longer did I seek
Love and Light, but only death
Eons passed in this unending wait
for the messenger of death to arrive
Then one day I saw a light coming my way
hurtling towards me at lightening speed
Expecting death I lay still
waiting for my suffering to end
The ball of light struck me
and I fell down
When the "I" falls down,
it signals the end of suffering
For darkness begins to form
when the "I" comes between You and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment