Monday, September 29, 2008

The Past

The past ins't dead yet,
the ancient history thrives within me
Shackled by the history,
my present is a prisoner to the past
My soul hurts,
from the needles of the past
Needles so deep,
they bruise my soul
I am carrying this burden for ages
but can't take it any longer
The load gets heavier by the day
becoming a mountain
My soul can't breathe
under the burden of this load
O Lord, I pray to Thee
rid me of this burden
My soul cries to become free,
free of the past forever
You are free when you decide to become free,
replied the Lord
Stay in the Now
and rid of the past
You carry the past
for it serves a purpose
Do you really need to display your wounds?
Asked the Lord
The past is over
yet you carry it on your shoulder
Come to me
and I'll bear your burden
And ever since
the Lord is carrying my past

No comments:

Post a Comment